Art History with Anne Lectures November and December Reminder

What would you like for Christmas?

Faberge Museum St Petersburg

It’s that time of the year when we start to think about Christmas.  I expect we have all dreamt of the ultimate present, a Tiffany diamond bracelet, a Rene Lalique Art Nouveau jewel, or a Faberge trinket (as above!).  While such baubles are beyond my modest pocket, I have still been able to enjoy seeing such treasures in museums across the world.  Lecturing on a Fred Olsen cruise I visited the awesome Fabergé Museum in St Petersburg.  This private collection is housed in the beautiful Shuvalov Palace, on the Fontanka River Embankment.  I have chased Tiffany across world, from the New York Historical Society, where the glittering Tiffany lamps do indeed resemble baubles, to the National Gallery, Canberra.  On my Travel Editions tour, based in Metz, I have been privileged to visit the Lalique Museum in Wingen-sur-Moder several times. I confess in the gift shop I have marked my visit with yet more books and a commemorative fridge magnet.  Drawing on the extensive collection of images that I have accrued over the years, I hope to take you via Zoom to see these wonderful collections in St Petersburg, New York, and Eastern France.  Hopefully in 2022 it will be easier to travel and this series of three lectures will inspire you!

Wednesday 17th November 2021 at 11.00 am and repated at 7.00pm

Carl Fabergé: Imperial Presents

Wednesday 24th November 2021 at 11.00 am and repeated at 7.00pm

Tiffany & Co: from Diamonds to Art Glass

Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 11.00 am and 7.00pm

Rene Lalique: Master of Art Nouveau Jewellery

The lectures will be delivered live by Zoom. They will be uploaded afterwards to my YouTube channel for a limited time and you will be provided with a private link to view them again at your leisure.
The lectures last for around an hour.  Lecture start times are in BST.
There will be a question-and-answer session at the end.
As the lectures will be delivered live by Zoom, you will be able to ask your questions in person at the end. You can also use the ‘Chat’ function.
In response to feedback from viewers, I will be repeating each morning lecture in the evening of the same day for those people unable to make the morning slot. Both lectures (morning and evening) will be delivered live and you will be able to ask questions in person at the end.

How to book
The lectures are priced at £10 a session. You can book each lecture separately or all three £25 (one lecture half price!)
Please email Susan Branfield at susanbranfield@waitrose.com
Please ask for ‘Morning Lecture’ or ‘Evening Lecture’ when you book your choice(s) as the sessions have different Zoom entry codes

You can pay by cheque or BACS (details will be supplied). Cheques should be made payable to Anne Anderson.
Once you register and pay, you will be sent a separate email with your link. You will need this link to access the lecture on the day so please do not delete it.
After the lecture you will be sent another private link so you can access the lecture on my YouTube Channel.

Or pay directly using PayPal

faberge-museum-22-e1560264255754-1

One zoom lecture

Wednesday 17th November 2021 at 11.00 am and 7.00pm Carl Fabergé: Imperial Presents

£10.00

lillian-nassau-llc-dragonfly-table-lamp-high-resolution-2-1

One zoom lecture

Wednesday 24th November 2021 at 11.00 am and 7.00pm Tiffany & Co: from Diamonds to Art Glass

£10.00

lalique

One zoom lecture

Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 11.00 am and 7.00pm Rene Lalique: Master of Art Nouveau Jewellery

£10.00

Three zoom lectures

1 Faberge 2 Tiffany 3 Lalique

£25.00

Some news for those of you who are interested in the art and heritage tours, that Scott and I undertake through the Travel Editions company. Although the threat of Covid-19 remains, movement seems easier and Travel Editions has begun to resume some of its tours abroad.

I hope to be taking a tour to Metz and Luxembourg from 10th to 13th March 2022. This will include a visit to the Lalique Museum at Wingen-sur-Moder.

Travel is by Eurostar to Paris and  onwards to Metz by SNCF TGV (high speed rail).

For further details please visit the Travel Editions website: https://www.traveleditions.co.uk to check booking details etc. Alternatively, give them a phone call on 0207 251 0045.

Processing…
Success! You're on the list.